Most people are not by nature event planners, so when it comes to your own wedding, ROLO wants to help you in every aspect of the details to make your day as special as ever. Below is a simplified checklist for planning your wedding. It’s not detailed, but gives you a rough sketch of what needs to go down and when. From this list, you can probably see where you have additional questions about what happens next, which may also inspire you to consult an event planner. Don’t be overwhelmed during what is suppose to be one of the most beautiful seasons of your life. Continue reading for 3 basic checklists essential to the success of your special day!
Initial Wedding Plans (Checklist 1)
- Consider hiring a wedding planner
- Will your wedding be a formal, casual, religious, or secular event?.
- Choose your wedding style and colors.
- Set a wedding budget.
- Announce your engagement in the local newspaper.
- Prepare the guest list.
- Determine your wedding date, time, and location of ceremony and reception
- Choose an officiant
- Choose your wedding party make decisions on attire
- Order invitations.
The Wedding Date Gets Closer (Checklist 2)
- Choose floral arrangements and other decor
- Choose a caterer.
- Hire musicians or a DJ.
- Hire a photographer and videographer.
- Find and order your wedding dress.
- Order the groom’s tuxedo.
- Order the attire for the wedding party.
- Book honeymoon reservations
- Mail invitations.
- Order the wedding cake.
- Reserve a limo or other type of transportation.
- Purchase wedding rings.
- Purchase gifts for the wedding party, parents of the bride & groom, and other close family.
- Apply for the marriage license. (Some states have waiting periods or a maximum length of time that can lapse between application and wedding day)
The Day is almost here! (Checklist 3)
- Write custom wedding vows.
- Select any songs or poetry and other readings that will be used during the ceremony.
- Schedule a wedding day appointment with your hair dresser and makeup artist
- Reserve a location for the rehearsal dinner.
- Plan seating chart for the reception.
- Let the wedding coordinator/planner handle the rest!
This very basic wedding checklist gives you an idea of all the major things that need to happen before your wedding day, but so many more details need to be handled…details with the potential of falling through the cracks. As the bride-to-be, you deserve to enjoy your engagement without being hassled by the unglamorous details. A wedding planner can make your wedding – and the months leading up to it – an enjoyable and memorable time.